Water Damage Do’s & Don’ts
If you encounter water damage in your home, we recommend calling the water damage restoration professionals to assess the situation an offer you a plan that meets your needs and budget. At ServiceMaster of Seattle, we are available 24/7 every day. While you wait for the professionals to arrive, we’ve created a list of do’s and don’ts to keep you and your family safe while minimizing damage.
- Stay out of rooms where the ceiling is sagging.
- Remove as much water as possible with a mop or blotting soiled areas.
- Wipe furniture to remove moisture.
- Prop furniture with aluminum foil or remove from affected area altogether.
- Remove wet area rugs.
- Use your vacuum to remove excess water.
- Use electrical appliances while standing on a wet flooring.
- Call a professional water damage restoration company with a solid reputation. The longer you wait, the more damage will occur.
Should the unexpected ever strike, call ServiceMaster of Seattle. Our crew of water damage restoration professional are available 24/7.